Who We Are
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. There are more than 9,000 Kiwanis clubs in more than 80 nations, with nearly one third of a million Kiwanians of different cultures helping to improve peoples lives.
Kiwanians are engaged in a variety of professions; including bankers, lawyers, doctors, Realtors, professors, clergy and law enforcers. They are young individuals embarking on careers, successful executives and active retirees.
What We Do
At the Cape Coral Kiwanis Foundation, our mission is helping children. Children at risk. Under served children. The children who need help most.
Working together with Kiwanis International, we serve the children of the world. The lion’s share of our work happens at the club level, as Kiwanis members raise funds to underwrite foundation grants and improve our communities and the world. We give youth scholarships. We support Kiwanis International’s Service Leadership Programs for youth.
Objects of Kiwanis – The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International were approved in 1924.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build communities
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
Kiwanis Motto: “Serving the Children of the World”